The famous Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup was always a favorite of mine–mainly because it’s rich, hearty, and just delicious. I was feeling super inspired on a cold, winter day and decided to make my own vegan version. It turned out amazing! Check out the recipe here:
VEGAN ZUPPA TOSCANA
- 1/2 bag lentils (rinsed and boiled)
- 3 potatoes (peeled, diced and boiled)
- I decided to cook those^ first because they take different amounts of time to cook
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 Tbsp. Earth Balance (vegan butter)
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/4 c. Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk + more to dilute the soup to your liking
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
1) Melt Earth Balance in a heavy saucepan, stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until paste cooks and bubbles, but don’t let it brown (about 2 min).
2) Add almond milk, continuing to stir with a wire whisk as the mixture thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
3) Add potatoes and lentils, mix in chopped peppers, celery, and kale. Simmer on medium heat until kale is wilted and veggies are cooked through!